Sunday, February 20, 2011

Granny Square Garden! M.C. Escher Metamorphosis

Hello Again,
We had a lovely lunch on Matlacha, Pine Island today. We didn't see any dolphins but there were some manatees swimming around. I did share a photo of a manatee last week, but it was serendipitous for us to see some today as we do not usually see them in that area. So a trade off of manatees for dolphins was quite alright. Our dolphin friends will be there next time I am sure.

Now let's get to my granny garden blanket. I was able to take photos on the grass (I really thought the dark grass was a nice backdrop) and on the driveway. I was worried about the white and dirt but somehow everything managed to stay pretty clean.



I brought out the ladder and tried to get an over head view of the blanket. I felt like a real artist! haha My neighbors probably think I am going crazy. My husband did think I was a little weird for getting so into it until he saw the photos. He agrees, they do look pretty neat.
The connect as you go technique makes a nice pattern in between each square. At first I wasn't sure if mine would look like other crocheters' but the overhead view looks like it.

I just went for a nice evening walk with J and I think I have some of my first bug bites of the season. Since I have been playing outside all day, I have to get some work done before the week begins tomorrow. Our university is not closed for President's Day. Tomorrow starts week 7 of the semester - almost the midterm!!! I can't wait for spring break so I can crochet away all - day - long.
Happy Sunday 
XOXO Susan  

2 comments:

  1. I love your crochet on the brick path. It looks like a work of art. The little
    circles especially the really tiny ones!! Sarahj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. Found you via a via. You know how that goes. But, I see A24, so I know I popped into the right place.

    ReplyDelete