Thursday, February 24, 2011

Lemon Flower Blossoms

Hello Everyone,
I hope you had a great Thursday. I am quite late on my posting today - you probably thought I was skipping today. My morning was a little too busy to get my posting up before I went to work. After a long day at work I am so glad to have some time to wind down and relax this evening.
I know I have been saying this a lot, but the weather right now in south Florida is simply divine! Every single day I make sure I take some time to enjoy nature around me. I don't think I will ever get tired of looking at flowers, watching butterflies around campus, and feeling the nice warm sun on my skin. So I will share some of it with you...
My lemon tree has blossoms on it right now and they smell so yummy I wish they bloomed all year round. You can see some of the spider web around the plant - there were webs all over it! They all seem to be gone now, hopefully the spiders did not decide to come inside of my house.


 Aside from the lovely plants around our home, we also have some lovely neighbors. We have some seasons neighbors or "snow birds" as many people call them who spend their winters here in Florida USA, but live in Montreal, Canada. One of their sons was visiting this past week and wanted to try blue crab. Blue crab is blue but then turns red while cooking. They sent some over to the last night for us to enjoy. J doesn't eat seafood and I didn't know how to open/eat them! How embarrassing... Luckily we have some other lovely neighbors who showed us how it's done.


 I was also able to sneak out yesterday to get some yummy organic veggies at the farmer's market. The farmer's market was so busy I had to drive around the crowded parking lot to find a place to park. It was well worth it though. I never had such tasty potatoes before. I grilled some chicken, potatoes, and some of J's venison. We had a scrumptious meal!

And for those of you who are getting snow, and even those who aren't here are some sea shells to remind you spring is almost here...


J and I had a jet ski when we first moved to Florida. We used to scoot all over to little islands around Sarasota, Bradenton, St. Pete Beach Florida and collect all kinds of neat sea shells. Although we sold our jet ski when we moved further south to where we are now, we still have these neat shells to remind us that the ocean is not too far away. 
Well the weekend is almost here. I have to go up to Sarasota, Florida to make a presentation at the Eastern Educational Research Association, then I am looking forward to a weekend of crochet bliss!
XOXO Susan 

No comments:

Post a Comment